Baked Sweet Potato goes with pretty much anything. I mean you could pour in anything from peanut butter to soy and it would still taste good, but today I have decided to pair it with a Wasabi, Avocado, Lime and Cucumber Salsa. Like the potato it also goes with many things, from seafood dishes such as tuna steaks or crab, to more hearty dishes such as lamb or chicken. Fresh, punchy and fragrant this salsa will perk up any meal.
Baked Sweet Potato with Wasabi, Avocado, Lime and Cucumber Salsa Recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cucumber
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tbsp. of yoghurt
- 1 tsp. of wasabi paste
- black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Roast sweet potatoes in oven for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Cut the top and bottom off the lime. Cut the sides off and then cut into wedges trying to remove as much of the white membrane as possible.
- Chop the avocado and peeled cucumber into small chunks.
- Finely chop the chilli and add to a small mixing bowl with the yoghurt, most of the lime, avocado and cucumber, leaving a little bit of each for garnishing.
- Stir and squeeze in a little extra lime juice from the peeled skins.
- Crack in some black pepper then remove potato from the oven, cut open and poor on top.
I served mine with miso glazed salmon and it was an absolute treat!