Overnight oat recipes are great for the summer as an alternative to my usual porridge. No cooking is involved, so the prep time is greatly reduced, but they are also so much more refreshing as they are chilled and you can use loads of fresh fruits. My Blueberry Overnight Oats recipe can be made without protein, with protein or even vegan by using the ingredients in brackets. The chia seeds add a nice hit of protein even if you choose to remove the Multipower Whey.
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt)
- 1 cup of milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 scoop of Multipower Blueberry Yoghurt 100% Whey Protein (optional)
- 2 tbsp. of chia seeds
- Put your oats, yoghurt, milk, protein powder and chia seeds into a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined, then put into the fridge to thicken overnight.
- In the morning take half of your blueberries in a small bowl and crush with a fork, then add 1 tbsp. of your honey and mix.
- Place the blueberry and honey mix into the bottom of a glass, then pour in the overnight oats.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the blueberries and the rest of the honey.
Add any fruit you like, just blitz it in a food processor or blender for 30 seconds with a little agave to create a lovely compote. But I have to say Blueberry Overnight Oats are my favourite. Even better than peanut butter and banana.
You can also watch the video for this recipe over on my new YouTube channel by clicking HERE.