A big stack of protein pancakes always puts a smile on my face. It’s exactly what I needed after training in the rain this morning. Put what ever you want on them but these little beauties are just as great by themselves. Pack them as a post training snack, working lunches etc. Enjoy.
If you need a few pointers because your pancakes have been coming out different sizes, not perfectly circular or a little dark in colour, check out my Perfect Protein Pancake Pointers article for all you could possibly need to know to cook up the perfect batch of pancakes every time.
I know you are going to love this one!
Chocolate and Coconut Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. of coconut flour
- 3 tbsp. of desiccated coconut
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp. of cacao
- ½ tsp. of baking powder
- Pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt (optional)
- Whisk the eggs, gradually adding the flour, and then protein.
- Now add all remaining ingredients, whisking until all ingredients are combined.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat.
- Lightly grease with butter, coconut oil or a 1 kcal spray if you have it.
- Pour in your batter and leave to cook until you see bubbles, then flip and cook for the same duration on the other side.
- Remove and start to stack.