Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate! We love it and there are 4 types of chocolate in these little chocolate protein muffins. It’s another food processor recipe folks, that means they are super simple to make and require very little time or attention. Make them for a group of friends, a post training session snack or as a solo weekend scoff fest. What ever your reason for baking these gooey chocolate treats, I guarantee they will put a smile on your face.
Chocolate Protein Muffins Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 3 tbsp. of date nectar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 180g of buckwheat flour
- 50g of coconut oil
- 50g of cacao
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- 150g of chocolate chips (or as many as you dare)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Put the eggs in the food processor and blend until light and airy.
- Add the; bananas, date nectar, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract & salt, then blend again.
- Once combined gradually add the dry ingredients; protein powder, buckwheat flour, cacao, baking powder and cinnamon.
- When the mixture has come together nicely turn off the food processor and cut your 150g dark chocolate bar into chips and fold into the muffin batter.
- Pour into 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- I also sprinkled a few cacao nibs over the top of my muffins, but this is optional.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes then enjoy, or store in a air tight container for up to 2 days. Depending on the size of your muffin cases or baking tray they may require more or less time in the oven, so adjust accordingly.
- Just be sure to not over cook them, they are much better a little gooey than a little dry.
A little tip, leave your chocolate chucks quite big. Little pockets of molten chocolate will form and come oozing out when you bite into your muffin. Let me know what you think, I would love to hear any feedback you have.
I have also entered these lovely little muffins into The Great Denby Cake Off Competition so fingers crossed they do well. If you want to enter to, you still have time! Get baking.