Last year my What to Buy a Health Freak: Christmas Gift Guide was a very popular post. So this year I thought that I would do something similar but with a little twist. Here is a list of my favourite non health or fitness related Christmas gifts for men. These gifts are great for sons, fathers, brothers and lovers alike. I have received all these products myself and have chosen them to feature in this post because I felt special when given them. Like a lot of thought had gone into the gift and that they really suited me or a man of my age, or interests.
- Cornerstone – Shaving subscription service. You can also buy a gift set which is what I got given. It includes every product a guy needs for a quality shave. A black pre-shave exfoliating scrub blended with cedar wood and volcanic sand to help release ingrown hairs, reduce shaving spots, unblock pores and lift dead skin cells for smoother, clearer skin. A shaving gel blended with eucalyptus oil with ginger extract to give a comfortable, irritation-free shave (it also smells fantastic!). No for my favourite part of the kit, you can personalise your own razor! Get the initials of your male present recipient engraved on a German engineered aluminium razor. The razor itself is honestly the best razor I have ever owned, the head is firm and presses against the skin for a closer shave and it just feels very precise. As if that weren’t enough you also get a post-shave balm blended with mint and honey extracts to soothe and moisturise your skin. And a £10 gift card so the recipient can sign up for one of the shave plans when they’ve finished the box.
- Hotel Chocolate – Hotel Chocolates “Rare & Vintage Range”. Your present recipient will need to be into their dark chocolate for this one. But receiving a selection of these chocolates is what made me realise that dark chocolate can be delicious. They have a range of single origin bars from countries including; Vietnam, Cambodia, Saint Lucia and Ecuador to name but a few. They vary in strength from 75% to 100%. When chocolate isn’t blended or diluted with sugar you learn to appreciate the nuanced flavour profile of each bar. For example you can see the difference in colour as a result of the soil the beans have grown in. Hotel Chocolate give you a great little profile of each bar telling you a bit about it so that you can further refine your chocolate palette.
- Hello Fresh – Meal delivery box. Ok this one is kinda related to food, but I am a food blogger after all. But they don’t necessarily have to be interested in eating healthily for this one. Hello fresh create some delicious recipes, source the ingredients and then deliver them to you with easy to follow instructions to recreate the meals. A great gift for students or someone living away from home and struggles to cook for themselves. That said they are equally good for people very proficient in the kitchen. I love cooking but having the right ingredients delivered means I don’t have to go shopping and I don’t have to think about what to cook giving me more time to do other things.
- Below The Belt Grooming – Maybe don’t give this to your son, but it is a great gift for a highly active friend! It’s also a little funny. I have been using it after training for a little while and really like it! It reminds me of that Radox minty shower gel. But it really does help, especially if you know you wont be able to hit the showers straight away.
- Papier – Not the manliest of presents I know, but go onto their personalised section and suddenly stationary becomes sexy. Get the name of your giftee embossed onto the cover of a brand new note book and they will turn a lot of heads in their next meeting. Trust me.