I’m going to start off with a cold hard fact, everybody loves cookie dough! With that in mind I suggest you keep reading to learn my great cookie dough protein balls recipe.
The problem with most cookie dough is that it doesn’t fit in with most people’s nutritional regimes. Well I’m here to fix that. Tuck into these little gems comfortable in the knowledge that they aren’t going to ruin your progress or impede your health goals. They are so simple to make and so so delicious.
Cookie Dough Protein Balls Recipe
- ½ a cup of coconut flour
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein
- 4 dates
- 4 tbsp. of almond butter
- 3 tbsp. of agave
- 3 tbsp. of melted coconut oil
- 1 dash of vanilla essence or ½ a vanilla pod
- 2 squares of dark chocolate (I used lindt 85%)
- 2 tbsp. of any nut based milk (I used almond)
- 2 squares of dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. of agave
- 1 tsp. of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- In a food processor, blend the; coconut flour, whey protein, dates, almond butter, agave, melted coconut oil, vanilla essence and almond milk. Blend until well mixed.
- Chop the chocolate squares into small pieces, like little chocolate chips. Then put them into the blender and give it a very short pulse just to mix them through the batter.
- Take small handfuls of the cookie dough out of the food processor and roll into small balls, then lay them onto a tray covered in tin foil.
- When all are done place in the fridge whilst we melt the chocolate.
- Boil water in a saucepan and cover with a large ceramic bowl so that it doesn’t touch the water.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in the bowl and wait until they melt.
- Add and stir through the agave, then remove the balls from the fridge and individually dunk each cookie dough truffle in the chocolate.
- Place them back on the tray and when all the beautiful little truffles are adequately covered in chocolate put them all back in the fridge to set.
- Give them 10 minutes and they are ready to enjoy or you can tuck into them whilst the chocolate is still lovely and runny if you are feeling naughty.
Another great thing about this treat is that like any protein balls you can pack them into some Tupperware and take them with you everywhere you go. I took mine down to training last weekend to share some with the team and to give me a little energy boost.
I loved this little creation and I’m hoping you will love them too. As always if you do make them yourself I would love to see them, so just post a picture on Instagram and tag me @healthyjon.
Thanks for reading and have a great week.