With summer now in full swing barbeques are fast becoming a daily ritual for most, but with the increased meat consumption comes increased use of heavy spices and herbs such as; paprika and cumin that are so common in meat rubs and marinades. So here is a refreshing little starter to cleanse the palette before you dive into your 3rd steak of the week.
- 1 cucumber
- ½ a ghost chilli (Bhut jolokia)
- 3 spring onions
- 1/1 avocado
- 1 lime (juice)
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- ½ tsp. of wasabi powder (optional)
- 100-200ml water depending on your consistency preference
- Put to one side a little mint, cucumber, onion and lime for your garnish, then peel your cucumber, cut in half length ways and remove the seeds.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone, then spoon the flesh into your food processor.
- Wash and cut the ends off the spring onions and remove the pips from your chilli, then add both to the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until very smooth.
- Serve into small bowls and put in the fridge to cool.
- Chop the saved garnish ingredients into tiny pieces and sprinkle over the top of the soups when ready to serve.
Clean and simple, this recipe can be whipped up in just 5 minutes and works great served before meat, fish or veggie dishes. Cool down this summer with a cool cucumber soup. #drinkyourgreens