Risotto is an old favourite of mine, but I rarely order it when out to dinner these days because most restaurants will add cream, parmesan, white wine etc. but this Healthy Beetroot Risotto contains no such evils. The lack of cream and cheese also makes it so much lighter. And the colour provided by the beetroot just makes it look so impressive. Anyway I hope you like this recipe as much as I do.
Beetroot Risotto Recipe
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 clove of garlic
- 200g of risotto rice
- 600ml of vegetable stock
- 3 beetroots
- 1 handful of parsley
- 100g of hard goats cheese
- Chop the garlic and onion finely. Peel and chop the beetroot into chunks.
- Cook the chopped garlic and onion in a pan with the coconut oil over a medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the risotto rice to the pan and cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- Then reduce to a simmer and add the vegetable stock 150ml at a time. Wait until the risotto absorbs the stock, then add the next 150ml until it is all absorbed (this should take around 30 minutes). Stir regularly.
- After adding the first 150ml of stock add the beetroot chunks.
- At the last minute add the chopped parsley and chopped goats cheese then serve.