Who doesn’t love chocolate cake? Right, it’s an easy win. Today I made this delicious Healthy Chocolate Cake Recipe. Here is the recipe for just the cake as I didn’t have time to whip up a healthy frosting, but I would recommend adding one, a chocolate cake needs a frosting. I also used a Bundt cake mould, don’t worry if you don’t have one, a regular cake tin will suffice, or even a loaf tin will work, hell if you wont to pour the mixture into muffin cases it will still taste delicious.
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2½ tsps. baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup Multipower chocolate whey protein
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together (cacao, chocolate protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon) in a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (eggs, honey, coconut milk and olive oil).
- Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into a heavily greased baking tin.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
This mixture made a relatively small cake by my standards, you could if you wish, double this mixture. Particularly if you plan on making a standard two layer sandwich style cake and having frosting between the two layers. Otherwise I imaging the layers would be quite thin.