That time between Christmas and New Year everyone feels a little naughty and mischievous. I took my love for dark chocolate to a new level this year with a Healthy Chocolate Lava Cake. My first foray into the molten baking world and whilst I may have momentarily forgotten about my lava cakes I opened the oven just in time to ensure they were still gooey and delicious, even if they were a little bit crispier on top than I had intended.
Chocolate Fondants have to be one of the most luxurious and indulgent desserts out there. This recipes makes two perfectly portioned fondants, a great idea come date night or Valentines Day. Plus they will make you look like a pro in the kitchen, the moment you ut one open and out comes oozing melted chocolate and peanut butter. Ah, it’s heaven in a dessert.
Healthy Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar
- ¼ cup of coconut oil or butter
- 85g of dark chocolate
- 2 tsp. of peanut butter
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- 2 tbsp. of Chocolate protein powder (Multipower)
- Pre heat oven to 250 degrees C.
- Grease two ramekins with coconut oil or butter and sprinkle cacao powder around the inside of the ramekin covering the entire surface to ensure the lava cake doesn't get stuck in the mould.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil on a medium power setting in increments of 30 seconds, then stirring.
- With an electric whisk or mixer, beat the eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- When combined, add the melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture and continue to whisk until combined.
- Gently mix in the protein powder.
- Pour the mixture into the two ramekins, only filling half way up.
- add 1 tsp. of peanut butter to each ramekin.
- Now top up with the remaining chocolate mixture filling the ramekins no more than ¾ of the way up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10mins or until the outside is solid and the middle still looks a little wobbly.
- Remove and leave to stand for 1 min. Then run a knife around the rim of the ramekin if it needs it.
- Place an upside down plate on top of each ramekin and slowly flip. The lava cake should fall out nice and easily.
- Consume without hesitation!
They are calorific but we can treat ourselves and our loved ones every now and then to chocolatey perfection. We all deserve a little Chocolate Lava Cake in our life.
If you fancy a normal, non molten (boring) chocolate cake, here is a great recipe! CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE