Healthy desserts are what we all live for right? Or is it just me? These healthy chocolate tarts are the perfect dessert to satisfy that sweet craving of yours. They are vegan, dairy free, gluten free and suitable for most dietary requirements. Packed with cacao and baobab they also pack in a lot of vitamins including;
Cacao nibs: Potassium (490), Magnesium (240) and Iron (3.4) per 100g.
Baobab: Vitamin C (300mg), Potassium (300mg) and Calcium (350mg) per 100g.
I have been using the Minvita superfood powders for quite a while now, they have a great selection and are really good quality. Links to the relevant products can be found throughout this post.
Enough talk, lets make some treats!
Healthy Chocolate Tart Recipe
- For the base:
- 160g of mixed nuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 35g of cacao nibs (Minvita)
- 12 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp. of cacao powder
- Pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- For the filling:
- ½ can of coconut milk
- 120g of dark vegan chocolate
- 1 tsp. of baobab powder (Minvita)
- Cacao powder
- Weigh out the nuts and cacao nibs, then add to a food processor and blend until relatively fine. Add the cacao powder, dates and salt, then blitz until it starts to come together.
- Pour the mixture into your tartlet trays and spread evenly across the bottom and up the sides. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Measure out the chocolate and place into a glass bowl over some boiling water. Wait for it to melt, stirring occasionally.
- When melted, pour in half a can of coconut milk making sure that it hasn't separated in the can first. Mix well, add the baobab powder and then pour into the tartlet bases.
- Put them back in the fridge for at least an hour or two to set, then garnish and serve.
I post far too many sweet recipes, I cant help myself, I love pudding! I promise I will post a few more main meals in the coming weeks. But for now enjoy this chocolatey treat!
If you like this you will probably love my Coffee, Walnut & Chocolate Tart.