This healthy cinnamon and pear porridge recipe is one good reason to get out of bed this winter. I would usually poach the pear but I really didn’t have time this morning so you are going to have to live with this. I had never previously thought to grate a pear or cut it into match sticks, but it worked really well. It could have done with a bit of cashew butter though. I missed a trick there.
Cinnamon and Pear Porridge Recipe
- ¾ cup of oats
- ¾ cup of milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 1 pear
- 1 wedge of lime
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- ⅓ tsp of cinnamon
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of bee pollen/maca/baobab/lucuma
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla protein powder
- Add the oats, milk, chia seeds and cinnamon to a saucepan, put on the hob on a low/medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Grate your pear and leave on the chopping board.
- Pour the porridge into a bowl, then top with the grated pear, a squeeze of lime and a touch more cinnamon.
I hope you love the recipe guy and girls, if you have any recommendations let me know in the comments.