I recently got back from an annual sibling holiday with my sister. This year we went to Budapest and whilst it is not a traditional Hungarian dish, like goulash or paprika chicken, there was hummus absolutely every where! Every street corner would have a little café serving nothing but blended chickpeas and falafel. They wouldn’t serve it as a condiment either, it turns up in a bowl bigger than this one and is meant to be a meal in itself. I wasn’t complaining. So coming home inspired, I decided to create my own healthy hummus recipe. I hope you like it.
Healthy Hummus Recipe
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- Blend everything in a food processor until smooth.
- Spoon into a wide bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and paprika.
I have used this hummus in another one of my recipes. Check out this delicious Chicken Quinoa Salad. A perfect warm and wintery salad for the coming cold months. It is also a really cheap meal, quinoa, broccoli and chicken are ingredients I practically lived off as a student.