What really needs to be said about Healthy Peanut Butter Cups? It’s a no brainer. Chocolate and peanut butter make the perfect combo. But don’t make the mistake of grabbing some Reece’s Pieces. Make your own in just a few easy steps and reduce the sugar content dramatically in the process. It also means you can use your favourite dark chocolate and favourite peanut butter. All you need is a muffin tray or some cup cake moulds and you are all set.
They make the perfect movie snack or if you are feeling really naughty, put one on your morning porridge and watch that baby melt into chocolatey, peanut buttery deliciousness!
You can also pimp them by sprinkling; pomegranate seeds, cacao nibs, bee pollen, freeze dried berries etc over the top before setting the chocolate.
Healthy Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 1 very large tbsp. of coconut oil
- 6 tsp. of very runny peanut butter
- Pour your peanut butter into 6 circular moulds to form discs when frozen. I have two cupcake moulds, one of which is smaller than the other so it worked out perfectly.
- Pop the peanut butter in the moulds into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over boiling water. The mixture should make 12 tbsp. of chocolate/coconut oil.
- Pour 1 tbsp. of the mixture into 6 cupcake moulds.
- Place a frozen peanut butter disc on top of each.
- Pour 1 more tbsp. of chocolate/coconut oil mix on top of each peanut butter disc, to make 6 peanut butter cups.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes and enjoy.
- When eating, leave them to one side for 5 minutes to defrost a little first.
Watch the recipe video for my Healthy Peanut Butter Cups on YouTube here.