I normally like going for quite an indulgent bowl of oats – aka chocolate protein porridge – but this morning I fancied something a little lighter so I made some raspberry porridge. Still warming and hearty – perfect for a cold winters day such as this – but a little more refreshing. I love mixing fresh fruit into my porridge every now and again. It provides more nutrients, colour, flavour and the variety of fruits you can add means you will never get bored.
Raspberry Porridge Recipe
- ¾ cup of oats
- ¾ cup of milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 1 handful of frozen raspberries
- 1 handful of walnuts
- ½ a frozen banana
- 1 tsp. of coconut oil
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla protein powders
- 1 tsp. of chia seeds
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of bee pollen/baobab/maca/lucuma
- Put everything except the walnuts into a saucepan on a low/medium heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring regularly. Make sure the frozen banana completely mushes into the mixture.
- When thick and creamy remove from the hob and pour into a bowl.
- Crush the walnuts and a few more frozen raspberries over the top and serve.