Holy shit, have I just made the recipe of the year? This Healthy Vegan Cookie Recipe is so good and so low in sugar it’s almost not fathomable. Under 100 kcal per cookie and filled with gooey little melted chocolate chunks, you just can’t say no to these little buggers. I had three the moment they came out the oven. Completely ruined my dinner, did I give a dam? Certainly not!
This recipe only makes twelve (cue crying), so you may want to double it. You can never have too many cookies. Feel free to add some spices, maybe some cinnamon would work well, or replace the chocolate for a dried fruit of your choice, I bet cranberries would be pretty good. But for me chocolate wins hands down, everyday of the week, all day long! I think I made that pretty clear.
Healthy Vegan Cookie Recipe
- 1 can of chickpeas
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. of baobab
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Remove the blade and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon and scoop the cookie dough into balls and drop onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
This Healthy Vegan Cookie Recipe is pretty much made from just chickpeas and peanuts so honestly no guilt should be felt if you demolish the entire tin. That’s me pardoning myself from the cookie monster atrocities I will be committing later this evening. Enjoy my cookie loving friends.