This beetroot dip is sure to impress at any dinner party. Its refreshing taste makes it a very versatile side, and it goes brilliantly with sliced up veg in the summer. Most pre-made dips are high in sugar and sodium, making them a definite no-go area for the health-conscious foodie. However, this recipe makes a healthy and delicious alternative.
Mandarin and Beetroot Dip Recipe
- 2 beetroots
- Zest and juice of ½ a mandarin
- 100g of Greek yoghurt
- 50g of almonds
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- To dress: olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and toasted pine kernels
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Garnish with; olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and toasted pine kernels.
- Serve it as fresh as you can and chilled (any left overs can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days).