You know that moment when you discover a new healthy café near you. You wait weeks for the opportunity to go. Eventually you make time, perhaps organise a lunch date around it and kill two birds with one stone. Anyway you arrive, eager and wishing you could order the entire menu. You settle and order a great little lunch and a matcha latte to wash it down with (something I have been doing a lot of recently). Your expectations rising with each passing moment, you simply can’t wait to try the new salad, superfood, porridge bowl, whatever it may be. Alas, finally it arrives and it’s everything you dreamt it would be, the raw cheesecake is smooth, creamy and oh so delicious. Only to be disappointed when the sweet taste of satisfaction is wiped clean from your mouth by that bitter and rather unpleasant matcha latte. I can’t wrap my head around why finding a decent green latte is so difficult. Fear not my friends, I have tested a few matcha lattes in my time and this tops them all. Maybe take it with you next time you pop out for lunch.
Matcha Latte recipe
- 1 cup of DAIRY milk
- 1 tsp. of agave (optional)
- 1 tsp. of coconut milk (optional)
- ½ tsp. of matcha
- ¼ tsp. of cinnamon
- ½ a vanilla pod or dash of vanilla extract
- Pour your milk into a saucepan and place on a low heat.
- Bring to a light simmer and add the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk continuously until milk has come to an appropriate drinking temperature. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
- If you have a frother, use it for 60 seconds to create a light foamy top to your latte.
- Then sprinkle over a touch more cinnamon.
Healthy, matcha latte. Perfect for any wintery occasion. So get your thick knitted jumpers out and sink into this mug of healthy green goodness.
How cool is my new mug?