If you love peanut butter, how about making a cake from it? It’s an absolute must try! Peanut Butter Cake is officially the best lunch box snack going. No frosting so it’s really convenient to pack up, just wrap a slice in cling film and it will last you at least a week. Great served with a cup of coffee and pretty healthy as cakes go.
I might try peanut butter muffins next. It just gives the cake that lovely, slightly heavier texture and heartiness. A great winter cake and if you wanted to make festive throw in a few teaspoons of cinnamon and nutmeg for delicious Christmassy cake.
Peanut Butter Cake
- 2½ cups of buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- ¾ cup of honey
- ⅔ cup of milk of choice
- ⅓ cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of all spice
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. of lemon zest
- Pre heat oven to 355 degrees C.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixer or food processor.
- Gradually add in wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
Peanut Butter Cake. Dreamy I know.