After making some lovely brownies for training last weekend I thought that I would try to make some protein blondies for the first time. As a trial run, rather than researching other blogger’s recipes and using them for inspiration, I decided to use one of my recipes for inspiration. I used the exact same recipe as my brownies and simply swapped out the black beans for chickpeas, the chocolate whey protein for vanilla and the cacao for vanilla extract. Whether this was a wise idea or not is up for debate, I guess we shall soon find out.
Protein Blondies Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 can of chick peas
- 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of maca powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- However many dark chocolate chips take your fancy.
- Blend everything except the chocolate in the food processor.
- Stir through your chocolate chips, and then bake in the oven at 180 for 50 minutes.
Again I decided to use no sweetener in this recipe, keeping the sugar content to an absolute minimum. Making these blondies not only a deliciously indulgent snack, but something that is actually healthy and that you can enjoy whenever you like and not simply as a treat. I mean, just look at the ingredients, run down the list quickly, not a single ingredient is even slightly unhealthy. So go ahead, stuff your face full of them! I sure did.