This morning I made pancakes for my flat of five, being a health food blogger that makes protein pancakes on a regular basis they were very keen for me to take the reins and organise pancake day in our house, in fact I was sort of bullied into it despite being incredibly busy this week. However I made time and got up early to create these wonderfully light and healthy protein pancakes. The best thing about this recipe is that the pancakes are unflavoured meaning however fussy your family or housemates are they are bound to like them because they can flavour them and garnish them however they wish. Smiles all round!
For more tips I have written a blog post sharing all my perfect pancake pointers, HERE!
Have a wonderful pancake day everyone, eat lots, but make them healthy pancakes!
Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ cup of vanilla protein powder
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp. of honey
- 2 tbsp. of yoghurt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. of your favourite superfood
- Blend everything in a food processor (wet ingredients first).
- Heat a pan on a low-medium heat, cover with just a little oil (preferably a spray) and pour in your batter, making lovely round discs as you do so.
- Flip when bubble cover the surface of your pancake and remove from the heat after the same duration on the other side.
- Leave to cool for 2 minutes before stacking or the steam coming off them will condense and make your pancakes soggy (we don't want that, we want nice light and fluffy pancakes).
- When cooled pile them high and cover in maple syrup!