The best thing about this recipe is that if you don’t have a waffle iron you can use this same recipe to make a pancake batter. But who would want pancakes when you can have Healthy Protein Waffles? As a great meme once said, “pancakes are just waffles without abs”.
Healthy Protein Waffles Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 7 tbsp. of yoghurt
- 5 tbsp. of spelt flour
- 1tbsp.of protein powder
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- ½ tsp. of baking powder
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- 1 tsp. of lucuma/baobab/maca
- Blend everything in a food processor adding the wet ingredients first (eggs & yoghurt), then the dry ingredients (flour, protein, cinnamon & baking powder).
- Blitz until smooth.
- Heat your waffle iron to required temperature.
- Grease it to stop the waffles from sticking, then pour in enough batter to fill the mould to the edges. This will vary depending on the waffle iron you have.
- Cook until the waffle starts to turn brown. Brown not golden. You want the outside of the waffle to form a thin layer of crust, that is what gives a waffle its firmness and rigidity unlike a pancake. Mine took around 3 minutes but again this will vary depending on your waffle iron.
- Remove the waffle, grease again and add the batter for the second waffle.
Strawberries & melted dark chocolate
Peanut butter & sliced banana
Blueberries and maple syrup
How could you possibly resist?