Feeling Figgy? I love making raw vegan energy bars every now and again, they are pretty much the easiest healthy recipe you could possibly make. All you need to do is blend nuts and a dried fruit in a food processor and hey presto, you have a delicious snack that you can mould into balls or bars. I usually make mine with medjool dates as the binder, but decided to mix things up and went for dried figs today. Try my Raw Vegan Fig Energy Bars and snack on them with a cup of coffee, pack them in your bag before a match or training, how ever you like to enjoy yours, just enjoy them.
Raw Vegan Fig Energy Bars
- 85g flaked almonds
- 150g oats
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 350g dried figs
- 30g raisins
- 1tbsp. of cinnamon
- 200g of dark chocolate (or vegan alternative)
- Blend all ingredients except the chocolate in a food processor, for just a few seconds, until it starts to come together.
- Line a pan/tray with parchment paper and press nut/fig mixture into the pan and push down.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water and pour over the top.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes and then cut into small bite side pieces.
If you like my Raw Vegan Fig Energy Bars you will love my Pecan & Cacao Energy Balls.