My attempt at replicating the cheesecake art created by healthy dessert connoisseurs Pana Chocolate. Seriously though, check out their café in Australia if you ever go, it is incredible, but for now their Instagram account should suffice. Anyway my humble version of their colourful and creative puds takes form in this Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake. So simple it only requires one piece of equipment, a food processor. Give it a go and thank me later.
Top it with whatever you like, I went for cacao nibs, squares of dark chocolate and golden berries, as well as a little extra filling piped onto the top. But check out the Pana page for more cheesecake topping inspo.
Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup of almonds
- 5 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 cups of cashews (soaked for at least 3 hours)
- 1½ cups of peanut butter
- 1½ cups of almond milk
- 5 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. of baobab (optional)
- Soak cashews in a bowl of cold water for 3 hours, preferably replacing the water every hour, then rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Blend dates and almonds in a food processor until it comes together, then press flat into the base of a spring form pan.
- Blend all other ingredients in the food processor after giving it a quick clean. Blitz for about 5 minutes until very smooth. You may need to vary the almond milk quantity slightly to get the desired consistency.
- Pour mixture over the date and almond base.
- Leave in the fridge for a few hours to firm up, then cut and serve.
I recommend using a square or rectangular tin if you can, they look nicer. But this Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake will taste great no matter how you present it.