My first salmon recipe, served with cauliflower puree and sautéed spinach. Salmon is the go to fish in our house. We all know too much red meat isn’t good for us so in my house we try to eat vegetarian once a week and fish twice a week. We like to think we are a very culinary adventurous family so naturally we have tried a fair few fishies. That said there are always going to be the firm favourites or regulars. My personal favourite fishes include; john dory, grouper, halibut, turbot and monk fish. But the ones you will always see on our table are; sea bass, tuna and salmon.
So over the coming weeks I am going to make a few recipes that highlight these wonderful animals. First up, Pomegranate Salmon with Cauliflower Puree and Sautéed Spinach.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp. of pomegranate molasses
- 50g of pomegranate seeds
- 1 cauliflower
- ½ tbsp. of tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower head into smallish chunks and boil for 15 minutes.
- When the cauliflower has 5 minutes to go start to pan fry the salmon in olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the cauliflower is ready, drain and pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Then place in a food processor with the tahini, garlic and lemon. Blitz until silky smooth.
- With 1 minute to go add the pomegranate molasses and seeds to the salmon.
- Push to one side of the pan and add the spinach, then cover.
- During this minute plate up the cauliflower puree.
- Now serve the salmon and spinach and pour over any remaining pomegranate seeds and sauce in the pan.
What is your favourite fish?