I have been posting a lot of healthy curry recipes recently so I wanted to post a light dinner recipe. One you can enjoy on those evenings when you fancy something a little more delicate. This rather summery dish is fragrant, delicious and really healthy. I hope you enjoy my Dill Encrusted Sea Bass recipe served with Orange, Avocado, Black Bean & Quinoa Salad.
This recipe has everything you need in a nutritious meal;
- Low GI carbs in the quinoa.
- Quality protein in the sea bass and the quinoa.
- Health fats in the avocado and oil.
A well balanced meal for a well balanced lifestyle. Enjoy the weather, enjoy the food and get outside and have your dinner in the garden. I hope you love the recipe guys and I will see you in my next post.
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 2 handfuls of quinoa
- 1 can of pre-cooked black beans
- 1 avocado
- ½ an orange
- ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of dried dill
- Salt and pepper
- Place your quinoa in a saucepan with a pinch of salt and boiling water (cover the quinoa by 1cm) then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When ready remove from the heat but leave covered.
- Empty the black beans into a sieve, rinse thoroughly, pad dry with kitchen roll and then set to one side.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pip. I have made a rose from my avocado because I have seen them all over Instagram and wanted to give it a go, but if you are short on time or think it is too pretentious then simply cut your avocado into cubes and set to one side with the beans.
- Squeeze the juice from half an orange and half a lemon, then pour into a small saucer.
- Add 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, give it a little whisk and then set to one side.
- Now gently mix the beans into the hopefully cold quinoa and add a crack of black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Lightly coat the fish in dried dill, then add a little salt and pepper.
- Now fry the sea bass fillets in extra virgin olive oil for 6 minutes.
- After 5 minutes mix the avocado into the quinoa and bean salad, then pour over the orange and lemon dressing.
- Give it a gentle stir to make sure everything is evenly coated and plate up.
- Place the sea bass fillets on top and serve.