It is time for another Protein Bake Off, after the recent success of my 4 Layer Chocolate Protein Cake for the Muscle Mousse Bake Off I jumped at the opportunity to get involved in the Multipower Great British Health Blogger Bake-Off (what a mouth full, boys you need to sort that out). Last time round I definitely won all the style points but I think the recipe intimidated most people from making it themselves, so this time I have chosen to make a recipe that is not only delicious but easy and really quick to make, allow me to introduce you to my healthy vanilla protein muffin!
I was really keen to get involved in the Multipower competition not only because it would force me back into the kitchen and get my protein baking crown (I mean hat) back on, or because there is a years supply of protein for the winner. But because I have tried the Multipower products before and I am a huge fan. Anyone that knows me will tell you that I have pretty much tried every mainstream protein powder under the sun, so when I say this s**t is good, you can believe it.
Relatively new to the UK market Mulitpower’s 100% pure whey is very similar to Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard whey, in the sense that the ultimate goal of both is purity, just whey and no crap (probably why I like it so much). The flavours are also spot on! The three I have tried; French vanilla, coffee caramel and rich chocolate are all to die for!
Vanilla Protein Muffin Recipe
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of almond milk
- ¾ cup of buckwheat flour
- 2 scoops of vanilla Protein
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- ½ tsp. of lucuma (optional)
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon (optional)
- Dash of vanilla essence (optional)
- Flaked coconut and chia seeds for topping
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Crack the eggs into your food processor and blitz until light, then add the milk, peanut butter, honey, melted coconut oil, baking powder, lucuma, cinnamon and vanilla essence (if using).
- Blitz until combined and then gradually add the protein powder and then the buckwheat flour.
- The mixture should be very thick and almost hold its weight when all the flour is added.
- Spray 4 muffin cases with 1 kcal spray and divide the mixture evenly between them, then put them in the centre of the oven for 35-40 minutes or until well risen and golden. Do not open the door during this time!
- Remove from the oven when ready and leave to cool for at least 20 minutes (if you can wait that long). Then store in an airtight container.