Pancake Day has to be one of my favourite days of the year, well top 3. I have plenty of healthy pancake recipes on my blog including some fab protein pancakes but I am yet to make any healthy Vegan Pancakes. So this year I thought I would rectify that for all my vegan followers. Covered in berries and maple syrup this is the perfect breakfast recipe for this Shrove Tuesday.
- ¾ cup of spelt flour
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 3 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- Handful of blueberries
- Handful of raspberries
- 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
- Heat a dry frying pan on a low/medium heat.
- Put all the ingredients except the fruit and 1 tbsp. of maple syrup into a food processor and blitz. The texture should be runny but quite thick.
- Add a little olive oil to the pan, spread evenly using a sheet of kitchen roll.
- Add 2 tbsp. of batter for each pancake and spread into a circle.
- Cook each pancake for 20-30 seconds on each side or until you start to see bubbles.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Serve ad enjoy.
Nutritional info is per pancake.
Spelt flour can be replaced with buckwheat or almond flour.
Almond milk can be replaced with any dairy free milk.
Maple syrup can be replaced with your favourite liquid sweetener.
If you aren’t vegan try these gorgeous Vanilla Protein Pancakes.