This Wellness Rice Bowl Recipe is one of my favourite summer lunchtime dishes. So light and refreshing it has a little kick courtesy of the wasabi and a lovely smooth creaminess provided by the avocado & crème fraiche. A wonderful alternative to a meaty summer BBQ and pairs perfectly with a dry white wine. Topped off with toasted sesame seeds, cress and fresh coriander it is also wonderfully fragrant. Serve this up for your next family meal and I guarantee that it wont disappoint.
Wellness Rice Bowl Recipe
- 250g packet of pre-cooked basmati rice
- ½ a large mango or papaya
- 100g white crab meat
- 1 tbsp. of crème fraiche
- ½ a red onion
- 6 radishes
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of sesame seeds
- 1tbsp. wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of soy
- ½ a lime
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
- 1 handful of cress
- 1 avocado
- Mix the vinegar, honey and a pinch of salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Finely slice the radishes and toss in the bowl, then leave to marinate.
- In a new bowl mix the; crab meat, wasabi paste, crème fraiche, lime zest and juice.
- Finely dice the mango, onion and coriander, then mix all three into the crab mixture.
- Heat the rice in the microwave for recommended time.
- Stir through the soy and residual marinating liquid from the radishes, then split between two bowls.
- Split the crab mixture between the two bowls.
- De-stone and skin the avocado, then finely slice. Place ½ in each bowl.
- Now garnish with; radishes, cress, additional mango and sesame seeds (toasted or untoasted)
Rice can be replaced with any grain, although I would stay away from the nutty varieties because of the overpowering flavour.
My Wellness Rice Bowl Recipe is a perfectly balanced meal containing a healthy portion of protein, fat and carbohydrate. You won’t be malnourished on my watch. Enjoy this wonder bowl and let me know what you think in the comments below.